Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdekat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to owning fish. My daughter bought a 10 gallon fish tank and we were told the Mollie is a male but I am worried the "male" fish is pregnant!!!IMG_1477092730.093084.jpgIMG_1477092753.144704.jpg

Thanks for any help!! I'm not ready to be a fish grandma yet!

That's a balloon molly. Just has a huge belly

Any time! Welcome to the forum. Its always great to see new faces

Yeah it's a ballon mollie, don't buy cigars just yet

Look at the Anal fin ( the fin closest to the anus) and compare it to your gold colored Molly. If it is tubular like the Gold's ( and the Guppy in the picture), it's a male. If it's more triangular ( like an upside down sail from a sailboat) it's a female. Unfortunately, the picture you posted does not show this fin on the white fish.

Look at the Anal fin ( the fin closest to the anus) and compare it to your gold colored Molly. If it is tubular like the Gold's ( and the Guppy in the picture), it's a male. If it's more triangular ( like an upside down sail from a sailboat) it's a female. Unfortunately, the picture you posted does not show this fin on the white fish.

Yep thats the way you do it. You can kinda tell in the first pic that its a male

Yep thats the way you do it. You can kinda tell in the first pic that its a male

It may be my screen but I can't tell for sure in that pic that that anal fin isn't a female's that is not fully extended. :whistle: If the OP want's to post a profile pic, it will be much easier to tell from that. (y)

Back
Top Bottom