Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help! They have ich!

Hello (:

My name is annabanana and I have a problem. My 10 gallon tank has 4 neon tetras that are infected with ich! Ahhh every aquarium lovers nightmare.

Yes, Iím sure itís ich. I just saw it this morning (there was nothing last night) and itís all over my neon tetras. Thereís two neons in particular that are covered in it, the other two are getting it on their fins.

Iíve been researching but I need help knowing what to do about treating this ich!! Iíve never had to treat any other diseases besides fin rot.

There are 4 cherry shrimp in with the infected neons that Iíd like to keep alive btw, and I have plastic decor so please donít recommend anything that will turn them blue hahahahah.

Thanks so much!! Happy fish keeping, anna.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Salt your tank (1 tablespoon per 2 gallons) and raise the temperature to 80 degrees (gradually). Keep this way for a week to 10 days. You will need to do water changes to remove the salt once complete. This method worked for me.
I think the cherry shrimp will be okay with the salt & temp from what I've heard- but you should double check on that. Otherwise, you will have to use ich meds.

#72G
Platys, Tetras, Mollies, Bettas, BN Plecos
#Turtle Pond
Red Eared Slider
HannahJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you!!
Old 01-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Make sure it is Ick as it could be Epistylis. Information of Ick is here. Information for Epistylis is here.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com