Help! They have ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annabanana728

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello :)

My name is annabanana and I have a problem. My 10 gallon tank has 4 neon tetras that are infected with ich! Ahhh every aquarium lovers nightmare.

Yes, I’m sure it’s ich. I just saw it this morning (there was nothing last night) and it’s all over my neon tetras. There’s two neons in particular that are covered in it, the other two are getting it on their fins.

I’ve been researching but I need help knowing what to do about treating this ich!! I’ve never had to treat any other diseases besides fin rot.

There are 4 cherry shrimp in with the infected neons that I’d like to keep alive btw, and I have plastic decor so please don’t recommend anything that will turn them blue hahahahah.

Thanks so much!! Happy fish keeping, anna.

Salt your tank (1 tablespoon per 2 gallons) and raise the temperature to 80 degrees (gradually). Keep this way for a week to 10 days. You will need to do water changes to remove the salt once complete. This method worked for me.
I think the cherry shrimp will be okay with the salt & temp from what I've heard- but you should double check on that. Otherwise, you will have to use ich meds.

Back
Top Bottom