Hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey my name is cgthebeast, and i currently have three tanks. One freshwater community tank and a beta tank. I`m also in the process of setting up a nano reef saltwater. :fish1:

Hey my name is cgthebeast, and i currently have three tanks. One freshwater community tank and a beta tank. I`m also in the process of setting up a nano reef saltwater. :fish1:

Welcome! And that's awesome, what sized are the tanks?

Thanks and my biggest tank is the freshwater and its a 25 gallon with live plants. Its been running for about a year and half now. The nano reef is going to be in a 15 gallon tall. I`m pretty excited about that. Also the beta is a 2,5 gallon.

Nice! It sounds like you'll be able to contribute alot to the forum!

Hey... Can someone tell me what is that worm-like parasite on my arowana?

Attachments

• image-3756342655.jpg
    image-3756342655.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3649022107.jpg
    image-3649022107.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 62
Ok so I never had any experience with this type of fish ,but it looks like it could be fish lice.
Fish Lice:
Fish lice are approximately 3-5 mm long and can be seen with the naked eye on the external body. They have a flattened body (shell) and have a needle-like structure for a mouth. Said needle-like structure is used to suck out the body fluid of the fish which causes the fish to lose its luster while also causing the fish to be uncomfortable; the fish may scrape the side of the aquarium or the substrate in an effort to ease its discomfort.
The previously mentioned parasites can be killed by using copper sulfate medications. Fish lice can also be eliminated of by keeping the arowana in a concentrated salt solution; oxygen content should be increased in the aquarium during this soaking period. Please note that the aquarium must be sterilized once the arowana has been infected by parasites in order to remove any other parasites that may be in the aquarium.
This is thanks to monster fish keepers.
I hope this helped

I think you would have better luck posting that on it's own thread :p I can't really tell what that is myself.

I did.. But i just registered about an hour ago.. I'm a rookie!

Ok so I never had any experience with this type of fish ,but it looks like it could be fish lice.
Fish Lice:
Fish lice are approximately 3-5 mm long and can be seen with the naked eye on the external body. They have a flattened body (shell) and have a needle-like structure for a mouth. Said needle-like structure is used to suck out the body fluid of the fish which causes the fish to lose its luster while also causing the fish to be uncomfortable; the fish may scrape the side of the aquarium or the substrate in an effort to ease its discomfort.
The previously mentioned parasites can be killed by using copper sulfate medications. Fish lice can also be eliminated of by keeping the arowana in a concentrated salt solution; oxygen content should be increased in the aquarium during this soaking period. Please note that the aquarium must be sterilized once the arowana has been infected by parasites in order to remove any other parasites that may be in the aquarium.
This is thanks to monster fish keepers.
I hope this helped

Thanks dude.. That was kind of what they told me in the aquarium, they suggested to remove the parasite, then apply some kitchen salt to burn the remains (hook) and then 5 drops of methylene blue and wait.. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom