Hey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mildlyobsessed

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve just gotten seriously into fishkeeping in the last few months, and have found myself “inheriting” fish and equipment from relatives retiring and wanting to travel. ( I keep waiting for someone to be all “oh hey here’s a reef tank with a bunch of live rock!” But no, it’s “take this leaky 10 and two orange platys”, go figure.)

Currently I’m running: a 10-gallon blackwater featuring Gropey McGropefish the “electric blue” dwarf gourami and his backup singers The Neons;

a 10-gallon livebearer tank with a few guppies and three of the biggest jerk Endler’s I’ve ever seen (my 13-year-old has named that tank “The Internet” because a few tiny dudes have made it intolerable for its female inhabitants );

a 10-gallon heavily-planted Murderbean Emporium housing two juvenile pea puffers (soon to be three);

and a divided 10-gallon for Jilvester and Jimberly the marbled unicorn-colored bettas.

I’ve got a 20 long that I’m hoping to bring up with shell-dwelling cichlids once I find room for it, and a 55 tall on a stand in my living room that will eventually be a rainbow fish-centered community tank once I overcome the intimidation and figure out the stocking.

I have almost as much fun troubleshooting and researching as I do anthropomorphizing and giving silly names and backstories to my fish.

I’m glad to be here and am looking forward to learning from you all!

(Also here is Gropey McGropefish making blackwater look *good*.)

61eU7xc.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I love your sense of humor and your son's name for the tank :)

This is hilarious :)
Gropey McGropefish the “electric blue” dwarf gourami and his backup singers The Neons;

Back
Top Bottom