Hey Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retaks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey. Im kinda new on here. Ive been looking around for a bout 2 weeks though. I currently have a 55 gal tank with 3 2"-3" Red Belly Piranhas, 3 1/4"-1/2" Red Belly Piranhas, 1 male Betta, 1 Female Betta, and a Crayfish.

Welcome to AA! Do you have any pics of your tank? In case you haven't noticed, the people here are very visual, and we all love pictures! :)

You actually keep your male and female Bettas in the same tank all the time? I thought you had to keep them separated except when breeding. Shows what I know about Bettas...

Welcome to AA! Do you have any pics of your tank? In case you haven't noticed, the people here are very visual, and we all love pictures! :)

You actually keep your male and female Bettas in the same tank all the time? I thought you had to keep them separated except when breeding. Shows what I know about Bettas...

I just deleted the pics off my camera. I can easily get more when i go back upstairs though.

Yes i keep them together. As long as the tank is big enough they are fine and stay away from eachother. I would only do this in a 10 gal or larger. I used to breed Bettas when i was 16 until i was 19 then my little bro took over with them and i got into Piranhas.

I though you kept the Piranhas with the betta at first and was thinking "what the heck?" Now I understand.
Retaks - Ok, now I'm confused... Do you keep the pinanahas and the male and female bettas in the same tank together? That's how it sounds in your first post.

Retaks - Ok, now I'm confused... Do you keep the pinanahas and the male and female bettas in the same tank together? That's how it sounds in your first post.

Yes they are in the same tank together for now. The Bettas are big enough the Piranhas dont mess with them. I am putting a divider in either tonight or on Sun whichever day i can get to the pet shop. The Piranhas are getting big so quick i dont want them to get big enough to eat the Bettas on me. I have some pics but i can figure out how to put them on here.

You may have to host them on photobucket or something, then just copy and past the option that has on both sides of the URL.

I was confused too, I though you did not have em in the same tank. I'd get em out b/c those bettas are probably looking tastier and tastier every day.

My piranhas get fed 2 times a day so i doubt they are even thinking the Bettas look good at all. The Piranhas had 10 feeder guppys in thier tank for about 3 weeks before they started to eath them. I had to stop feeding the piranhas for a day to get them to eat any live fish. They are also terrified of the male Betta.

My piranhas get fed 2 times a day so i doubt they are even thinking the Bettas look good at all. The Piranhas had 10 feeder guppys in thier tank for about 3 weeks before they started to eath them. I had to stop feeding the piranhas for a day to get them to eat any live fish. They are also terrified of the male Betta.

LOL...that mean ol' Betta!

Here we go. Im trying the Pics.
img_867799_0_71b3886d44e8327258f5fc7cb23a8d75.jpg

img_867799_1_dd5c418bb6f38408872b1e1cee55bcc8.jpg

img_867799_2_d0a48347bc8891b48629348e316ced89.jpg

img_867799_3_20cf02bc0729b462404dc19f376b39f1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom