Hey everyone :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmurray17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys :)
Well I'm completely new to the wonderful world of fish but so far so good (despite a little drama yesterday which is in a different thread)
I have had my 70L tank up and running for two months now and already cannot wait to get a 6ft tank! Haha it's more addictive than I thought!
My tank currently has one tattered Bristlenose catfish, 2 dwarf gourami, 3 guppies and 10 neons.
Also on a side note is that a fully stocked tank or is there room to add?

Jmurray17 said:
Hi guys :)
Well I'm completely new to the wonderful world of fish but so far so good (despite a little drama yesterday which is in a different thread)
I have had my 70L tank up and running for two months now and already cannot wait to get a 6ft tank! Haha it's more addictive than I thought!
My tank currently has one tattered Bristlenose catfish, 2 dwarf gourami, 3 guppies and 10 neons.
Also on a side note is that a fully stocked tank or is there room to add?

Converting into gallons it seems that you have roughly a 18G tank (correct me if i'm wrong, my converting is a little rusty)
Which is too small for the stock you have. Your neons, though small have a high activity level therefore require more room. Welcome to AA!

^ I'm going to have to disagree about the neons. I had a school (10) in a 17g tank for nearly a year before I moved them out (to a smaller tank btw). They really are not overly active. They chase each other about and swim in their shoal but prefer to hang by the plants. Even if I thought they required a 20g tank minimum, 18g falls just short of that so IMO it would be fine anyway.
To the OP - I think your stock list sounds fine but I wouldn't add anything else.

Mumma.of.two said:
^ I'm going to have to disagree about the neons. I had a school (10) in a 17g tank for nearly a year before I moved them out (to a smaller tank btw). They really are not overly active. They chase each other about and swim in their shoal but prefer to hang by the plants. Even if I thought they required a 20g tank minimum, 18g falls just short of that so IMO it would be fine anyway.
To the OP - I think your stock list sounds fine but I wouldn't add anything else.

Thanks mumma :) was getting a bit worried as I had been advised that neons would be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom