Hey everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsaye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My name is Tabitha and I just became a member. I'm glad to finally have somewhere to ask and talk about aquariums! I've always loved the ocean and everything in it so I'm thrilled to have my tanks. I'm just starting out so right now mine are freshwater. Once I have more experience I'll try saltwater but for now I'm more than happy with what I have! I have 2 tanks, a 30gal. and a 55. My 30 has 5 neon tetras, 5 cherry barbs, 5 zebra danios, 2 dwarf gouramis and 4 yoyo loaches that will go in the 55 The 55 doesn't have fish yet, it's only been cycling for a week but I've been researching cichlids. I'm obsessed with my tank and I'm constantly searching for the right decorations, and have been building some myself :)

Thank you! Glad to find people as obsessed as me! Lol

Greetings Tabitha!! Love the tank. I'm just starting on salt water- I have a puffer (Green spotted) and have turned him salt... Do you know much about corals? I'm looking for some advice in that area. I'm Kim, 8 betas, 2 gourami and a salt water puffy puff:) If you'd be interested in helping me with the basics of coral, please let me know!! I've been a fw and pond fish person for as long as I can remember, any questions on that side of things you have I'm always willing to chat!!

No I don't know much about corals yet, but that is one of the main reasons I want a salt water tank
I absolutely LOVE them! I was looking for some artificial coral for my 30 gallon but everything looked so cheap and unnatural. I finally found some amazing life like coral on EBay and the price is pretty good. Nothing can compare to the real thing, but these come pretty close. I've seen some real coral on there as well and it's amazing the colors some are. When you get some post pics, I would love to see it!

:welcome: to AA

You know you can speed up the 55 cycle by adding your dirty filter media to it from the other tank. Then just put in one of your other fish to keep feeding the filter till you figure out what ya want to do with it. ;)

Andrew McFadden said:
:welcome: to AA

You know you can speed up the 55 cycle by adding your dirty filter media to it from the other tank. Then just put in one of your other fish to keep feeding the filter till you figure out what ya want to do with it. ;)

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

And I vote for African Cichlid's. Just sayin....

;)

No I didn't know that! I'm ashamed now to say it but when I started the 30 gal. I knew nothing about cycling. I went to the pet store and told them I was just starting out and needed everything. They got me all the equipment and chemicals, testers etc. and told me to fill the tank, put the chemicals in, hook up filter/heater, air stone and throw 5 fish in to cycle it. The tank has been running for 5 weeks now and THANKFULLY the fish survived and the water levels are all where they need to be. I researched cycling so now I know the correct way to start a tank. I just wish I would've taken the time the first time to do things right. I can't believe the fish survived and are healthy! I will use the other filter though to speed things up, 6-8 weeks is a long time to wait but it's worth it to do it right. Thanks for the tip! :)

No I don't know much about corals yet, but that is one of the main reasons I want a salt water tank
I absolutely LOVE them! I was looking for some artificial coral for my 30 gallon but everything looked so cheap and unnatural. I finally found some amazing life like coral on EBay and the price is pretty good. Nothing can compare to the real thing, but these come pretty close. I've seen some real coral on there as well and it's amazing the colors some are. When you get some post pics, I would love to see it!

:thanks:

I will definitely post pictures, right now it's not worth it- I only have dead coral decor and base rock. I just started to cycle the tank with just that and a dolomite base. I'm gonna do some more research and I'll be hitting the ground running, I want to get this done before the fall so I need to start placing/planting my corals soon.:bb:

I'm constantly reading up on aquariums, if I find out anything helpful on corals I'll let you know...

Back
Top Bottom