Hey Friends!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishstix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the world of aquarium keeping and couldn't be more in love with it and sad that I've been missing out for so long! I first took interest looking for a new challenge with plants. I love gardening and wanted to try my hand at aquatic plants! I currently have a 10 gallon planted tank. I have two dwarf amazon swords, 3 rapidly rooting/growing banana plants. I am currently growing/propagating hornwort (planted and clippings are floating and pushing out some nice roots) Anacharis, and water sprite. I have one big Java Fern that is reproducing like crazy!! I think I plucked 3 pups in the past week!! My Java is having a serious issue with nitrate deficiency :( My LFS advised that I up the bioload in the tank, at that time, I had 2 peppered cory cats & 1 golden mystery snail. That was about 2 months ago. They helped me stock my tank with 4 neon tetras (1 died after being introduced to my tank) 3 Platy fish - 1 male/2 females, 3 ghost shrimp (and 2 unidentified fry that happened to slip into the take home back with the ghost shrimp...still waiting to see what they are!) i also recently found a pond snail in there that must've come in with a plant at some point. Yesterday, I came home and found that one of my very pregnant platy fish was dropping fry!! I now...here I am. A member of the most helpful (to me over the past few months) website :):):)

Back
Top Bottom