hey guys =]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys new member started with a 10g with some guppies now I've got a 40g that I'm trying to set up I've had it running for a while with 4 Otto's 4 Julio corys 2 blue rams and 2 electric rams and some golden apple snails so far so good been running for 4 months or so have all purpose sand as a substrate with three chunks of wood in there aaand for plants I've got an amazing sword, anubia nano, and a bunch of sword grass stuff not sure of the name ^^

He he of course ^^ once I get home I'll b sure to post some they're great =] couple days after I got them they laid eggs and both parents did they're job amazingly but alas there were wigglers wen I went to work and nothing wen I came home even though the dad was moving then around and protecting them

And quick question which I should prob post elsewhere but anyway I understand all purpose sand isn't the best substrate for plants since its all mostly quartz and has no mineral value for the root feeders and I'm looking to plant it more have my grass carpet the bottom and amazon sword in the background any good ideas on how to keep em healthy and growing awesome?

Hi Welcome to AA himdie, Short of redoing substrate it sounds like liquid ferts and fert tabs are going to be your best bet. You can check out Aquariumplants.com they have a substrate Vitalization system that may be help you out as well.

Back
Top Bottom