Hey Guys! Just another new newbie! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzlesfate

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Wont take up much of your reading time, I’ll quickly introduce myself.. I’m Biz, I’m 25 an I’m from London , UK. I’m an administrator by day and a musician the rest of the time. I’ve always been into a lot of hobbies [ I build computers, canvas and mural art, I’m a blogger, I do beatboxing, that typa thing..] and I’ve always loved fish. My older brother has an community fish tank and I love just watching them go along in their little cycle, in their own little habitat. I’ve always had a slight obsession with Koi too, such a beautiful fish, only hope that one day ill be able to have a garden pond to keep some of my own in.

I’ve joined the forum because after much research and awe of my brothers tank, I finally a few months back decided I’m ready to start my own tropical fish tank, and I’ve been looking into it and learning things ever since. I’m in the process of choosing my fish with my bro’s help and I’m getting a tank this weekend, its 110 litres, which I think is about 25 gallons. I’m gonna get the tank on this pay check, start preparing everything, start the process of tank cycling with a few cherry barbs (I no some people prefer fishless-cycling but from the research I’ve done iv’e decided to go down the hardy fish route) and then on my next pay start the process of building the community and getting some fish in, maybe a few baby frogs and some shrimps to, I’ll see how it goes.

As I also like to blog, iv’e decided to document the whole process bit by bit on my own one so that people can see how my progress is going and also get some tips and advice that I myself have found useful. I figured that the next logical step would be to search around for a decent forum to join to help me along my way. I stumbled across this one while looking for advice on whether a tank hood is a requirement more than an option, as the tank I’m purchasing doesn’t come with one. The advice suited me fine and I like the laid back and community style that there is going on (some forums can be a bit intimidating with all the competing egos) so that’s how iv’e ended up registering here, and that’s how this story ends, and starts really.

I’m sure I’ll be posting questions and asking for advice in no time, so I’ll just say hi again, its good to jump on here, and..yeh, just bare with me really. I’m hoping in the not so distance future I’ll be able to input some advice and findings of my own on here too.

Thanks for reading this not-so not-so-long intro..(sorry about that lol) I have a habit of rambling, call it blogger-syndrome if you will.

Take care all, sure I’ll be speaking to some of you soon,

Peace out x

Back
Top Bottom