hey im new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone im hoping to gain a greater knowledge of tropical fish through this forum. quick question please answer!? im starting a new 55 for some big fish in my community 55 (leporinus and tinfoils barbs two each) i seeded the new one with water and used filter sponges and gravel from community tank TON of brown juice however the water in new tank was like 69 68 degrees and my regular aquarium is like 70 to 80 my question is would the bacteria survived that change i now have a heater in there and the temp is at 70 and climbing..please say yes i dont wanna wait another month for a juicy filter sponge
Thank You-David

Welcome to AA!

I think the bacteria will be ok for the short time they were cold. They do prefer warmer environments, but I think they'll be okay.

welcometoaa.gif

thank you for a warm welcome i hope to learn alot from becoming a member of this forum..as of now all i can share is my opinion as my knowledge of aquariums is small but i do know alot about aquarium fish so hopeful i can help in that way
thanks-david

Back
Top Bottom