Hey, I'm new & this is my story =]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffies_girl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my name is Crystal and well I guess I'll go ahead and tell you my story and hopefully get some answers.

I just recently bought a 55 gallon aquarium with a few fish from my mother. She had some kissing fish, algae eaters, catfish, a gourami, and 2 red tailed sharks ... a few weeks ago, my sister bought some feeder goldfish from the pet store, brought them home to her fishtank and the goldfish, along with her other fish (2 catfish, and some creek chubs she caught from the creek) began actin strange. The next day some of the goldfish and one of her catfish had died. The other catfish had white spots and a large open sore on its side. My sister had told my mom she didn't want the tank or the fish anymore and so my mom brought the fish home and put them into her tank. She's not really all that familiar with fish diseases or anything and her fish along with the ones from my sisters, seemed fine.

My mom was moving so I bought the 55 gallon tank from her, along with all the fish. Brought them home and all the fish showed the worst case I've ever seen of Ich. They were completely covered in white spots. I bought some ich treatment and began treating them and the entire tank. After a week of having the fish, all of them have died except for the gourami and the 2 algae eaters, which I have moved from the 55 gallon into a smaller quarantine tank to treat them.

The fish now seem fine, they've been in the qt tank for about a week now and they have no white spots. I have completely washed the 55 gallon out and bout new fish, which I have info in "my tanks" section of my profile.

I'm not experienced with the ich disease and this is the first time I've really had to treat it, I know very little about it, just what I've read on the internet (google) and I have no idea how to tell if the orange gourami and the 2 algae eaters are rid of Ich. I want to be sure of this before I put them back into the 55 gallon with all my other fish and I just don't know how to tell if the ich is gone ... if someone could please help me. Your help will be very much appreciated. =]

Back
Top Bottom