hey im new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone. I inherited a saltwater aquarium from my mom. She passed away a few months ago and I've been taking care of it. Its 75 gallons. I came to this forum so i can keep her aquarium running as well as possible. When she had it it was just a simple aquarium with live rock a couple clownfish, a yellow watchman goby( which unfortunately was eaten by a drampiera pseudochromis sp? That i put in there. I took that fish back to the pet store) a hiatchi (again sp?lol) anthias, a cardinal fish, and a choc chip starfish .. I've added a hoevens wrasse, a keyhole angel, mandarin goby, clown goby. I also added 2000+ amphipods and copepods. I've been getting started on corals lately. I've been doing a lot of research. I know the basics of everything but would like to know more. I've lost a few butterfly fish. Don't know what im doing wrong with those. But anyways this is my member introduction! Thanks for readingthem

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

Many Butterflies are tough to keep successfully in aquaria, I believe because of specialized diets. :)

Sorry for the loss of your mom.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your Mom. Unfortunately I'm too "green" in fishkeeping to offer any advice on your tank but think it's great that you are investing your energy into keeping her tank which she probably loved. This can be you opportunity to keep it as one of your Mom's Living Legacies. How very special!

Yep she definitely loved her saltwater fish. We used to sit and watch the fish together for hours. She would always come back to my room saying you need to come take a picture of this because the starfish would always be in the weirdest places. Idk how long saltwater fish and starfish live but I hope what's left of her fish are here for a while. I feel bad because I already killed her yellow watchman goby and a clownfish because I bought a fish that I didn't know had a mouth big enough to fit them in. Then I sold her damsel that she had for a few years because he turned into a huge bully and harassed and bullied a butterfly and 2 coral beauties to death. But now everything is going good and I haven't lost any fish.

Cherirsh all the good memories of your Mom and enjoy her fish tank. We are all a part of a Great Creation, or great Universe, whatever one chooses to believe in. This Aquatic ecperience can be a wonderful one. I myself am very excited about my own "fish adventure". Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom