Hey I'm new I have a 50 gallon tank with basking area and 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello and Welcome to AA Jonathan! If your interested in turtles you may want post a additional thread in Reptiles, Amphibians and Herpetlogy

I love dwarf shrimp and they are easy to take care of if you start with Cherry Shrimp, or most Neocaridina Varieties.

This is a Fire Red Cherry Shrimp.
60074-albums9764-picture61198.jpg

Here is a pic of Blue Velvet Shrimp in one of my tanks, these are easy too.
60074-albums13090-picture66123.jpg

Happy critter keeping, just love what you get and make sure the tank size will be adequate when it is adult size. (And do lots of research!)

Yea cross out that shrimp idea because step mom is allergic to iodine in fish a drop sends her into shock

However I love my tank and am very proud of it all I need is higher filtration cause one filter is old but it's not nasty water just could be clearer and when I get a bigger tank I want a big filter with the 3d addition

Thanks I love my topper I didn't have to build it it's as big as it needs but I wish they made larger ones for like a 150 gallons

Yea cross out that shrimp idea because step mom is allergic to iodine in fish a drop sends her into shock

If you mean allergic to using iodine in the water for keeping the shrimp, I have never needed to use it. If it is because of the shrimp themselves, I wouldn't be able to say about them causing an allergy. But no worries, you wouldn't want any shock causing tank inhabitants. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom