Hey just joined love it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya it's good I've been here for a little over a month and really like it

Hey guys I really need your help!!!! I have two black moors and one had an eye problem so i put it in the hospital tank. And the next day (today) the second one gets this weird white things sort of devolving on him. I don't know what to do. I've had another fish die of something like this and I don't want this to happen again. So if you can help I would really like that. Also the sickness has caused tips and a few other places on the fish's fins to have the white thing appear. And he has lighter patches on his head. And this just happened a few hours ago. So please help if you can

White things could be many things. Can you give a better description. The first thing to start with is water quality. Do you have a good test kit? And if so what type is it?

Well I don't have a test kit or the money to get one. But basically all I can do is describe the sickness to you in more detail. Well umm today it's a little worse on his fins. The tips of his back fins have became almost clear instead of black and there seems to be a little damage occurring to the fins. But he is still active and not laying on the bottom of the tank, and he still is eating which I assume is a good thing but that's about all I could tell you. Also I change the water once a week and feed them in the morning and at night. And they have never shown any problems until now.

Are these still the two in a small tank with no filtration? If so you need more water changes, has the tank been set up for long has it cycled? Are the moors looking furry where the white patches are?

Yes ummm one is in the large hospital tank and the other the sick one is in the normal tank I did a water change today and changed the filter pad. And what do you mean by furry

No furry scales and the white stuff left and so did the light colored spots on his head all it seems to have done is damage the fins a little. And he is ever more active so I don't know

Hey guys um I have a new problem and its with the fish that had the weird sickness. I can barley see a trace of the old sickness so that is going away. But that ain't the problem. The problem is that he only swims at the top of the tank and opens his mouth really wide when he breaths I checked the healthy one who didn't do that. And he also isn't swimming right either he keeps tilting side to side can someone please help

And also he will no longer eat when I tried to feed him this morning he wouldn't eat so I tried to hand feed him but he would just spit it back out

Never mind guys he died later today when I got home but the color of his fins were completely gone which I found odd.

Hey guys I really need your help my brothers goldfish died while laying eggs and their is not another fish to fertilize them so I put my other brothers goldfish in with the eggs and the fish just started eating them. So I put my fish in with the eggs and he began to eat them so I had to take him out and I really would like to know how long the eggs will last and how to tell if another fish is able to mate and how to tell if the male has or is fertilizing the eggs

Well these are white and ya I know that they will be eaten

Hey guys umm I was wondering if you could tell me how to start a new thread?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom