hey there! breaking in with an 80gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotrod88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Started with a 20gal. And after the 2nd week the misses agreed that we needed a bigger tank so after some Craigslist hunting found a 80 gal. With stand and canopy so going in head first now!!!. I've been around aquariums(my uncle and my brother used to have them) but NVR have had one myself, so any advice is welcome. I have had my 20 gallon running for alittle over a month and is finally coming out of cycle. Wish I would have done a fishless cycle now.....however have not lost any fish in the process thus far(knock on wood). My 80 gal. Has been up for almost 3 weeks now its on the downhill side of the nitrite side of cycle...again should have done fishless cycle.... lost a couple in this tank. And lots and lots of water changes!!!. Very rewarding hobby tho and really excited to have a aquarium let alone 2 and one being HUUUGE!!!!. Hope to get a lot of good info and advice!.

Welcome hotrod. Wow 80g right off the bat. LOL nothing like starting with a bang! Actually you'll find the bigger the tank, the more forgiving they are. I definitely recommend getting Python water changer with a tank that big. that's alot of five gallon buckets at water change day. Good luck & see you around. OS.

Back
Top Bottom