Heyas AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and decided to create an account. I really wish I had found this place sooner! All the local fish stores have gone out of buisness where I live, so I was relying on what the chain stores told me when I set up my tank. AA would have saved me from a lot of mistakes!
I currently have a 55 gal fw tank. I have 5 cory cats, a pleco and 2 Angel fish. However I am thinking of getting a larger tank (for the pleco) and turning it into a tropical community tank. I also would like to build a micro reef at some point but that is a ways down the road. (Right now when I read the saltwater forums, well I know they are speaking English but I swear I have no idea what they are saying!)
I got into the hobby because my wife wanted to keep fish. At first I thought it would mainly be her "thing" but I got bitten by the bug too! Actually come to think of it I am doing all the tank maintenance now LOL.
Anyway hello everyone and thanks again for all the great advice I have found here.

Welcome to AA!

There's plenty of people here who would love to help you setup up that reef tank and answer any other question! Just ask. You'll enjoy it here.

BTW, if you think you've got the bug now, wait until you mix that first bucket of saltwater...

Welcome Russ! I hope my boyfriend gets bitten by the bug. So far he is only addicted to feeding them :D. I have him doing water changes now too. I would love to see pictures of your angels.

Welcome Russ! I hope my boyfriend gets bitten by the bug. So far he is only addicted to feeding them :D. I have him doing water changes now too. I would love to see pictures of your angels.
I swear the Angels are camera shy, but I managed to distract one here (he will eat out of my hand so I figured it was the best time to get a pic).

Attachments

• Aug 10th 2009 030.jpg
    Aug 10th 2009 030.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to AA Russ! :)

I "grew up" in Reno.

I swear the Angels are camera shy, but I managed to distract one here (he will eat out of my hand so I figured it was the best time to get a pic).

My angels seem to be camera hogs. If I can get them in frame they tend to stay still instead of becoming a blur of motion :) Now if they can just teach my cat to stay still for a picture to be snapped.

Awesome! That is a great picture. You should submit it to the monthly freshwater pictures contest. It looks like the hand of god offering the last morsel of food to an angelfish. :D

Hello
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and decided to create an account. I really wish I had found this place sooner! All the local fish stores have gone out of buisness where I live, so I was relying on what the chain stores told me when I set up my tank. AA would have saved me from a lot of mistakes!
I currently have a 55 gal fw tank. I have 5 cory cats, a pleco and 2 Angel fish. However I am thinking of getting a larger tank (for the pleco) and turning it into a tropical community tank. I also would like to build a micro reef at some point but that is a ways down the road. (Right now when I read the saltwater forums, well I know they are speaking English but I swear I have no idea what they are saying!)
I got into the hobby because my wife wanted to keep fish. At first I thought it would mainly be her "thing" but I got bitten by the bug too! Actually come to think of it I am doing all the tank maintenance now LOL.
Anyway hello everyone and thanks again for all the great advice I have found here.
Don't worry, we'll have you speaking the lingo in no time Russ. I was totally confused the new language and acronyms a when I joined a few weeks ago but I'm catching on. Welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom