Heyhey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StinkyLoaf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Newcomer here. I’ve been keeping fish for the past five years almost, but really got into it this year. I’m quite fascinated in the peaceful Central/South American cichlids (such as rainbows and keyholes to name a couple), not so much interested in African cichlids (particularly Rift Lakers). I also really like cats... I have other fish.

My aim for when I’m older is to create a South American biotope aquarium, so I’ve learned about the chemistry side of the hobby in preparation. I currently own communities which mix fish from different continents, which is something I want to stop doing for the future. That is the plan.

I’m going to take my time learning the ins and outs of this forum and I’ll start posting soon.

Thank you.

Welcome to the community.

Im looking forward to hearing more about your plans and seeing what you are currently up to.

Thank you.

I’d like to post pictures of my setups by tomorrow, so you can all see what I’m currently up to. It’s a bit late where I live and the tank lights are off for the night.

If a tank receive enough direct sunlight, I use the sun as their light. I don’t mind small buildups of algae.

BTW I don’t quite understand replying. What’s “going advanced?” Also, how do I post a message that isn’t a reply to the previous?

Edit 2: nevermind the second question, I just refreshed the page.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I’d like to post pictures of my setups by tomorrow, so you can all see what I’m currently up to. It’s a bit late where I live and the tank lights are off for the night.

If a tank receive enough direct sunlight, I use the sun as their light. I don’t mind small buildups of algae.

BTW I don’t quite understand replying. What’s “going advanced?” Also, how do I post a message that isn’t a reply to the previous?

Edit 2: nevermind the second question, I just refreshed the page.
I assume you are accessing the forum from the website (either browser or mobile version) rather than one of the apps. They all seem to have slightly different ways to post.

Go advanced gives you a little more control of your post, like being able to add attachments and some formatting tools. The browser version of the site gives more formatting tools than the mobile version too. Dont go overboard on formatting posts, the forum defaults to the standard formatting which we prefer.

You sorted out how to post replys etc? If you hit new reply button at the bottom of the thread it simply adds another post to the thread. If you hit quote at the bottom of a specific post your reply will include the post your are replying too (eg. like this post). If you hit reply at the bottom of a specific post you have the option to quote the post or not.

Edit: hit the edit button and you can edit your post. This is only available for a limited time. Not sure for how long.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing things up for me. I’m using Safari on a mobile device.

Can’t wait to get photos up tomorrow. I’ll likely start another thread for my aquariums, which is where I’ll post them. Is it ok if I post a link to that thread here when I come to doing it?

I’m also on another forum, which has rules against promoting threads, so I’m just trying to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom