Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnature

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally found a good forum website! Anyways, I am new to this website and fish keeping. I have a 15g tank with 3 blue fame tetras and 2 silvertip tetras. I am hoping to get guppies this week. In the start, I wanted to have guppies as my starters because I read that they are great for first timers. When I got to the pet shop, I was told that guppies are very sensetive and are not advised to be the first ones to go into a new tank so I bought Blue Flame Tetras for the cycling. My tank has been up and running for about four weeks now.

How many guppies should I buy? I want to save space in the tank for future fish. Should I buy a cleaner, for instance a catfish?

Thanks,
Nature :clown:

If you get guppies get one female guppy and if you want a male but one female because the female will most likely be pregnet and soon enough give you LOTS of baby guppies (thats what happend to me and now i have too many to count but there cool little fish and pretty:).

From my experience guppies are pretty hardy fish (at least mine are) and they were my first fish to start out with (besides a betta).

hope i helped :)

Welcome to AA! It certainly is an excellent forum.

In response to your cleaner question, I would advise against a "cleaner" unless you have a reason for one or want one (not for cleaning purposes). They tend to produce far more mess than they "clean," and you have to research carefully because some can get huge. That being said, I love all mine (3 otos and 1 BN) but they certainly don't "clean" anymore than a diligent algae scraping would.

Back
Top Bottom