Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iamhermit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I joined the board to ask opinions for a scout fish in my 10 gallon fresh water tank. Now that I can post, I have three tiny baby platies for at least four days now. Thinking of getting dwarf catfish after the new year. Cheers.

:welcome: to AA! :)

What do you mean by scout fish???

IMO the only catfish that can go in a ten gallon are pygmy cories or asian stone catfish, maybe a pair of otos if you have good tank conditions.

Good luck! (y)

bruinsbro1997 said:
:welcome: to AA! :)

What do you mean by scout fish???

IMO the only catfish that can go in a ten gallon are pygmy cories or asian stone catfish, maybe a pair of otos if you have good tank conditions.

Good luck! (y)

Thanks! One fish at a time no quicker than every two weeks was recommended by Tetra. Tetra manufactured my beginner tank. They call the first fish a scout fish. I decided to get three babies because freshwater fish like friends and combined they are about the same mass as one grown fish. I was thinking pigmy cories, they are midget catfish. I'll check out Asian stone catfish. Otos do not excite me. I am also considering a dwarf loach.

Welcome to the forum! Learn something new everday on here. I have never heard the first fish called a Scout Fish... Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom