Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RozG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well this is like an intro, I feel like i have to introduce myself for a dating site.

Hi I am Roz, I am new I do not have any fish yet, but I want to get a tank for my niece. I think it would be something fun to bond over. Considering I want to do it right and get her a quality tank and not the usual small gold fish that dies in 2 days.

Complication is the fact that she lives in an apartment and probably is stuck with about a 10 gallon tank.

Oh the dating comment. I like to jog, chase cars, juggle, dwarf toss, swallow swords and imagine I am a ninja. I like to do public speaking because imaging everyone in their underwear is funny.

Hi Roz, welcome to AA.

The bigger the tank, the more stable the water parameters are - but there's still a lot you can do with a 10 gallon. You'll probably save some money getting a kit with light/filter/heater included. The main thing to resist is overstocking. Do some research ahead of time, and enjoy the hobby with your niece.
P.S. When you're speaking all those people are imagining you in your underwear too :)

Back
Top Bottom