Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teedeums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just found this app, it is really amazing, I have been a long time lurker. My dad had a tank, but he lost interest in the hobby, so I took it over. The next thing I know, he is selling all his fish and tank :( I think he did it to get the electricity bills down, but still. Hopefully one day (when I leave the house after I finish school and get a job) I will have a dream tank. For now, I am just trying to learn as much as I can, and hopefully teach someone something too. I have an especially big interest on marine hermit crabs (am obsessed with all hermit crabs, I currently am keeping land hermit crabs and fell in love with the fact that there are marine crabs too) and tang. My dad had a beautiful yellow tang for about eight years, before it contracted some kind of disease, turned pale and got white spots, then died while in my care (I didn't know how to care for sick fish then). I am probably going to have a saltwater tank in the distant future, it seems to interest me more. Very distant future :( For now I will learn more and just pretend I have an aquarium of happy tang and marine hermit crabs :) I have a bad habit of talking to much, and typing, sorry! Just want to say again how amazing this place is!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just found out that my brother has somehow become interested in having a saltwater aquarium. He always eventually gets what he wants, so maybe it won't be so distant in the future when I get to have another go at caring for an aquarium! He is going to end up getting bored and deserting the hobby, and I take over :)! But it isn't a guarantee :( you never know what will happen. I am hoping that in two years tops, I will be caring for a saltwater aquarium! Ok, I have no idea why I just posted this, I guess I am just venting out excitement on something that might not even happen, this is probably stupid of me to post, but whatever! :)

Ok, I am going to post my plans for the tank that might not even happen:
- 20 gallon (hopefully)
- 4 marine hermit crabs
- two tang
- two cardinals
- maybe one more thing if it isn't cramped
- coral and maybe other live plants
- going to use sand
This is just what I am hoping for, the problem with this is that my brother is included, who knows what he will choose, a 5 galloner with a Pygmy sunfish? I am obsessing now, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom