Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlombard80

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone I’m John from Boston MA. I just recently got back into aquariums and fishkeeping. Growing up my father always had 2-3 tanks in the house, and I figured why not restart a hobby I used to love so much, especially with all this down time with covid19. So right now I have two tanks up and running, both freshwater cichlid tanks, one is 20 gallons and the other is 75. The 20 gallon is being used as a quarantine tank for new fish for the time being. It has an Aqueon Quiet Flow 20 LED Pro filter, a 50 watt Eheim Jager heater, with some rocky substrate and a couple plants and a cichlid cave. The 75 gallon is my baby lol. Just bought and hooked up a Penn Plax Cascade 1000 canister filter to it about a month ago and I highly recommend this filter, my water is crystal clear. It has a 200 watt Eheim heater, bubble wall, and assorted plants and caves, and black sand for substrate. I only use Seachem products as of right now, they seem to be the best fit for me. I use Stability and Prime in both tanks, and I use Purigen bags as chemical filtration and Matrix for my biological. As far as occupants go I have two new guys in the quarantine tank, one Chimbata and one Neon White. I just got bad cases of both ich and new tank syndrome cured in the 75 gallon so they will quarantine for at least two weeks. I have an odd lineup going in the 75 gallon, however they all get along perfectly fine. I have a Jewel, Firemouth, Kenyi, Giraffe, Duboisi, a Dempsey, and an albino tiger Oscar, plus a common pleco. all are still juveniles and range in size from 2-3.5 inches. Sooner or later the Oscar will get his own tank and a mate too. Cant wait to see what everyone has in their tanks!! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom