Hi AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good doc! That row of caves will look pretty sweet when it fills in! I've found java moss to be very curious, sneaky as well, it will just pop up wherever it feels, that co2 is going to get it extra curious I'd think;) just something to consider.. love the large shoal of neons/cards. They school together all the time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Brookster123. Yes, the neons and cardinals have been schooling together from the day I bought them (5 days ago). I love it when the moss creeps along the wood and try to trim or re-fix the ones not properly attached. Thats how I got the extra moss for covering the cave by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm beginning to think that liquid co2 is as effective (if not more ) as the gas. Wonder what it actually contains. Carbonic acid? Sodium bicarb?

Glutaraldehyde would be the main contributing factor to its success in the planted aquarium. I use in unison with gas, i use it more as an algaecide than carbon source though.

Added 10 each of black neon and glowlight tetras to the community with 20 more shrimp. The Black neons tetras have their own separate school, but the Glowlights have joined the large Neon + Cardinal tetra school. I shouldn't be adding any more fish to the aquarium any time soon now..... I think. ;)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416745704.967853.jpg
I think these are either some sort of dwarf pleco or juvenile leopard pleco

Think you got some Hong Kong loaches there.. not positive though. Loaches require fast moving, cool cool water.. may not be a great fit for your setup;)

Thanks Brookster123. The upper part of my tank has got a good flow from the active CO2 and aeration outlet of the filter uptake. Three of the loaches tend to stay in that area while the other two stick to their territories and caves. So its not a true pleco then?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417435158.876038.jpg
I've got some green stuff growing attached to my drift wood. Is that also some sort of moss. I've got Java moss growing near it.

Back
Top Bottom