Hi all,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelviking

Aquarium Advice Newbie
...been in saltwater for many years and have had the usual learning experiences...even the thrill of cracking a tank...and suffering the consequences.
...have found that saltwater truly is a relaxing and enjoyable hobby...that's if you don't get too wrapped up in all the tech stuff. I'm over the usuall oooo's and ahhhhh's and "what's that fish/plant?" we all get from friends and visitors.
...as I do a lot of traveling, I'm looking into doing a bit of simplifying the setup and assuring that I don't have to ask a neighbor to 'cool' down my tank while away on a hot summer day here in Maryland. I haven't had the need to invest in a chiller...yet.
...my latest research is to sort out all the under 40 cubes and get a system that dots the i's and crosses the t's without being an electrician or plumber. I'm convinced snakes live in the miriad of wire crammed into the stand under the tank. I've got the usual reef set up with about as many colorful fish a 37 G can handle with a good protein skimmer. It must be the well water and frequent changes, but have been blessed with minimal tank health problems...and it's a real bummer when you have to say good bye to one of the hippos or yellow tangs that have outgrown the tank. Been lucky to find other homes with larger tanks to take them off my hands.
...well, time to start surfin' to find the hot new system that's overpriced but will do almost everything you want. Thought that Red Sea Max might be the one but am having second thoughts.

welcometoaa.gif

Hello and welcome on board to the best site around for fish-fun ad fellowship and I would also like to see some pictures too if you can :)

Back
Top Bottom