Hi All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THFC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

Still quite new to all this and like website design your always going to learn something new.

I have a nice little setup which has the following in it:

5 Black Phantom Tetra's
5 Leopard Danios
3 Zebra Danios
4 Platy
4 Albino Corys

2 Yamoto Shrimp
2 Red Shrimp.

Now basically the one of the Platy's have had some Fry which have now been placed and put in what my other half is calling the "maternity net", I think from looking at them that they are about 7-14 days old, so how long before I can put a couple back into the main tank? The other 3 will be going to one of my friends new tank.

Hi everyone,

Still quite new to all this and like website design your always going to learn something new.

I have a nice little setup which has the following in it:

5 Black Phantom Tetra's
5 Leopard Danios
3 Zebra Danios
4 Platy
4 Albino Corys

2 Yamoto Shrimp
2 Red Shrimp.

Now basically the one of the Platy's have had some Fry which have now been placed and put in what my other half is calling the "maternity net", I think from looking at them that they are about 7-14 days old, so how long before I can put a couple back into the main tank? The other 3 will be going to one of my friends new tank.

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Personally I wouldn't add any more fish to the stock you already have in your 60L/15g tank. Especially more livebearers, and particularly when inbreeding is likely to occur.
Do you have pictures of your Yamoto shrimp? I've never heard of them.

:welcome:

Got a better picture of the tank now that I have finished with the landscaping of it.

7g9px.jpg
[/IMG]

Right little bit of an update, I was woken this morning by my partner shouting my name up the stairs. Some how one of the seals had broken and the tank was seeping was very slowly.

So got on the phone to the LFS and they agreed to a refund or exchange so took the exchange.

When I got there I was told that they didnt have any of the Tetra Aqua Art 60 Litre tanks that I had bought left so was given a nice one made by a company called AA Aquariums/Fish R Fun.

Its 100 litres and came with a cabinet.

So got home, checked on the fish that were in various jugs and Pyrex dishes in the kitchen (which they were).

I had decided to change over to sand / fine gravel so gave it what I thought was a good wash and then put it in the new tank after rinsing it out well.

Then I put as much water from the old tank as I had been able to resuce into the new one but when I had filled it up it went really cloudy. The fish are in a spare 60 litre tank of my friends for the night, so basically my question is how long will it be before the water isn't cloudy anymore?

Should clear over night.

Good story though! 60 for a 100 did you have to pay any extra? If not, in afew days when everyones settled youll be happy it happend.

If you dont have anything in the tank stir the sand around and then do a water change. I wouldnt worry too much about saving the water.. when you brought the fish home, you didnt bring 30l of water home aswell. If your worried drip acclimate them.

IMAG0001.jpg

This is how it looks now it has settled down a fair bit, looks impressive if I don't mind saying so myself.

Back
Top Bottom