Hi all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqnix11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!!

I'm new to the forums and to fish keeping (somewhat). I've had a betta for 3 years and now I'm looking at moving on up to keeping a 10 gallon FW community tank.
I originally had my betta in the 10 gallon, then he became ill (lethargic) and now he's in a 1 gallon for nursing. Now, I'm thinking he got sick due to poor water conditions ....i.e. I never cycled the tank & knew nothing about keeping a fish healthy (cycling, water parameters etc). That's why I'm here, to learn as much as I can about fish keeping. Just want to make sure I do things right for once haha. Anyways, I digress....I'm upgrading the betta to a 3.5 gal later this week; hoping if I keep the water 100% good he'll just get better on his own. :)

Welcome to AA!

Poor betta hope he is ok, I would keep him in the 10 gallon and get a 20 long for a community, you have a lot more fish options
Welcome!

That's actually sound advice. I wish I had been told that earlier this week. lol I've already spent so much money on my 10 gal (bought a new stand & everything) plus buying my betta the new tank I'm just all out of cash. Perhaps I'll just keep a few small fish for now then upgrade to the 20 long in the summer maybe. Actually, I would probably just go all out and get a 55 g. lol

EDIT:
Also, I think my betta is doing much better these days. He's been a lot more actively lately anyway. I've been doing 50% water changes (once or twice a week) and adding aquarium salt to the tank. Like I said, I think he's doing better. I just need to improve his living conditions a bit. :)

Nice to hear that about the betta!

Well, if you already have it then that's good, I just said this because I started with a betta tank, then a 10 gallon, then a 29 gallon, now a 55 gallon, and now I think I'm getting a 125 gallon

Back
Top Bottom