Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

I am working on setting up a 3 gal pico reef this winter break, so I thought I would join this forum that I have already learned so much from. I will be starting a thread and will probably have a few questions. I can't wait to get started!

I have run many freshwater tanks in the past, but I only have 10 gallon running currently. I have been doing much research into saltwater, and am getting ready for my marine tank. This forum looks like great place to start!

--dingusplease

Hello to you to I just joined today same as you i have been looking at this forum for that last few days and I have seen lots of knowledgeable people on here so I hope I can help but I only have been in this hobby a few mouths.

A 3 gallon is tough with evaporation and be aware that really no fish can go in there. It is definitely possible but you may want to get your feet wet with a little larger tank first.

Thanks bribo, I understand the challenge of keeping such a small tank (water params, salinity and such), and I am only planning on keeping a few soft corals and shrimp. I was recommended towards a few green star polyps at my LFS, and that's pretty much all I'm planning on for now. I am a newbie to saltwater though, and am happy to hear any suggestions.

This will be my first saltwater tank, so I'm taking it really slow, and I'm really just using this tank to become accustomed to nano reefing, without investing in any serious livestock or equipment (sorry for the run on sentence :p)

once i get my fry out of my 10g maybe i can try this with that one but they still have a bit to go before i can put them in a bigger tank i always wanted to try my hand at a saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom