Hi all, newbie requiring stocking advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bastyman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I just wanted to say hello as I am new to this forum and I would like to pick your brains a little. I have a juwel rio 180 (180 litres or 47.5 us gallons, or 39.5 uk gallons) with the built in filter plus a fluval U2 and two air stones and various plants that are growing up, some quite rapidly. My tank is fully cycled and currently housing two white mollies, two black mollies, four assorted platys, two bronze catfish, two rabbit snails and one Siamese fighting fish. I would like to slowly add more fish until it is fully stocked but I am very wary of overstocking and guidelines I have found have been a little varied. I was considering adding 3 yellow mollies and 3 or 4 boesemani rainbow fish. My question is this, would those fish all go together? Also would that be a fully stocked tank or could I add 8/10 neon tetras and would they also live well with the current inhabitants? Ay help would be greatly appreciated as all the information I find seems to vary.

The rainbows are going to set your stocking for sure. They can get from 4-6 inchs, i have 10 of them in my 90 gal and thats about 50% stock

Back
Top Bottom