Hi! Barely new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betancourt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I bought a 55 gallon tank about 6 months ago, set it up with sand, and a mixture of gravel and small broken shell substrate. Planted the tank, and then added the fish. I bought a medium sized driftwood soaked it for about 2 months put in and anchored it down with fishing line and suction cups. It was a community with 4 different angel fish, 6 super red danios, 6 tail and head light tetras, 6 yellow tetras, 1 sailfin pleco, 2 kissing gourami's, 2 powder blue gourami, a dwarf gourami, tiny Cory, a black ghost fish, 2 mono sebae and two fiddler crabs but they climbed out and dried up and ine got earen by my dog. :-( two days ago I got home from work and found the tank completely drained, no visible cracks or scratches. All fish but three died. I managed to salvage my plants and some substrate and transferred them to a smaller 30 gallon bowfront that I had as a breeder. I took the 55 outside and cleaned it and filled it up with water and noticed water leaking from the bottom trim. Can this be mended? And if so what should I use? I've read here something about a "silicone I". Where can I get it if I can use it? Thanks in advance for any advice

Ok thanks. Would I had to take off the trim or could I just reseal atop the trim with out removing it?

Ah ok I'll go ahead and do that thanks ill update the results.

Adult fiddler crabs are BRACKISH!

...just a comment on the fiddler crab part of your message. Fiddlers need a specific gravity of 1.008 - 1.014, coral substrate, a few mangrove plants, a beach of sand, and most of all, crabs of the other sex :cool:, with that you get pregnant females, who develop a beard of eggs, but those need to be released into high salinity conditions (reef), and then they crawl their way back to the brackish water. I'm hoping to attempt this with my new reef set up by using the refugium, we'll see!

Yeah I kinda figured after they both jumped ship. Literally. Came home ad they were both outside the tank, dried up. Same thing happened to my "experiment" two dwarf puffers I got for free at the fishstore. The guy Didn't know what to feed them. I fed them. Bloodworms, trop. Flakes, brine shrimp, ghost shrimp, carrots, algae wafers, nothing worked...

Back
Top Bottom