Hi, everybody!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsPeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just want to drop a quick hello.

My name is Marie and I have been a FW hobbist since I was 8, I'm 25 know. I have mostly kept orandas and zebra danios. I'm thinking about moving to the world of saltwater, but am so afraid to leave the world of FW. I hope to see you all around. I live in VA, by the way, and when I am not going crazy about fish, I am a mom to my son.

Mrs Peel (next to being from the Avengers) was the name of my very very first goldfish. "She" lived for 7 years, then I went away to camp and Mrs Peel was...gone. So know whenever I have a new fish they receive Avenger like names...(wow I think I have to much time on my hands)

Marie

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

We're glad to have you here, there really is no need to forgo one side of the hobby for the other, many keep both Fresh and Saltwater and some keep ponds to ;)

reefrunner69 said:
there really is no need to forgo one side of the hobby for the other, many keep both Fresh and Saltwater and some keep ponds to ;)

That'll be me when I have property :lol:

Welcome, MrsPeel! Don't forget to click the link in my sig and join the Regional Forum- :wink:

We are happy to have another Virginian in our midst! :D

Welcome Mrs. Peel - can I ask if your handle comes from the once famous Woman sleuth/spy of English origin. That unforgettable assistant to Mr. Steed, who went by the name Emma Peel or sometimes just Mrs. Peel.

Your a bit young to know of the program (The Avengers) but who knows.

Tom

Thanks TankGirl (also a great handle btw - also neat avitar) - now I feel completely foolish - Hmmm How'd I miss that. Oh well - Thanks again.

When I was a mere 17 Years old, Mrs. Peel (from the original Avengers, not the goldfish) was the coolest thing that walked the earth. There were a few that played this part, the one I'm referring to was Dianna Riggs. Funny thing, she tried out for the part as a joke (she was a starving Shakesperian Actress at the time) - she got it and within a few months she was all the rage in England.

Thx again TankGirl.

Tom

I am so sorry it took me this long to post back. I have been dealing with a stressed Oranda, and my sw tank, plus I have had exams all this week at school.

I love the Avengers, I love the Mrs Peel era (thus my fishes always being named Mrs Peel). I may be young (25 is still young...right...RIGHT???). Me and my mom would watch the Avengers on A&E when they would show reruns.I'm trying to convince hubby to my me the boxed set for my birthday this year.

I'm studying to become a Speech Pathologist.

I tested my water where my orandas are and found out the Nitrate level is off the charts, so they are stressing in a bad way. :(

I have some nitrate sponge that should solve the problem hopefully. Poor babies, I should have realized that was the problem.

Oh dear! Hopefully the nitrate sponge will cure them. If not, post in the Unhealthy fish section and we'll try to help!

It's nice to see another student--I'm 26 and just started working on my PhD in neuroscience. I'm so sick of school; although, as a grad student, I can call it work!

What school are you going to school at the University of Calgary? I did my first B.A. in Linguistics at Concordia in Montreal. Now I live down in the States.

Back
Top Bottom