Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ariel47

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to aquarium advice, hoping to learn alot here. My tanks are a 240 fowl[going thru dinos problem any help will be appreciated] and a 180 reef with evolution LED lighting. This tank was upgraded from a 150. I welcome any cost saving advice, because I'm a reef lover with big dreams and a little money.

Welcome to AA. I have 4 FW tanks but, if you post on the Salt Water portion of AA you'll get tons of great advice.
Best of luck to you, and your fish.

thanks will do. I have a 180 that's being setup for discus and angelfish. So I'll be checking this side frequently.

thanks will do. I have a 180 that's being setup for discus and angelfish. So I'll be checking this side frequently.

I wish I could afford Discus, they are awesome.
But I am setting up my first Angel fish tank. Having a problem with a bully that killed 2 other Angels in one day and nearly a third. The third is barely hanging on as it is, survival is pretty iffy, got my fingers crossed. The bully is now in the QT until I can give him back to the not so local FS where I bought him.
Then I will replace the ones he killed.

was the bully another angelfish? Theirs a lady local to me that raises beautiful blue discus. I can buy them from her for 20 a piece, or if I don't want to drive 10 miles extra to her house she sells to a lfs, they sell them for 29 bucks.

was the bully another angelfish? Theirs a lady local to me that raises beautiful blue discus. I can buy them from her for 20 a piece, or if I don't want to drive 10 miles extra to her house she sells to a lfs, they sell them for 29 bucks.

Yes, it's another Angelfish. What is odd is that it was in the same tank at the FS and it wasn't picking on them. But not log after I brought them home he started in. He just shredded the first two and the third is still not eating very well and hasn't grown at all. It was the size of a quarter when I brought it home 8 weeks ago. And it's still the size of a quarter.
The Bully started out the same size but he's a good 3" now.
The little one is hanging in there but I'm really worried about her.

Back
Top Bottom