Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MerMommy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi experts, and hopefully some non-experts! I have fancy goldfish (telescope eye, black moor). I've had the hardest time getting everything healthy and on track with my fish since I started a few years ago. I received a 10 gallon, way too small tank as a gift, then 2 fish as a gift (when I refused to go get fish, knowing the tank was too small). Long story short, I'm on my second tank upgrade, third filter upgrade, and I just bought a new telescope goldfish online (over a month ago). I want to be on the site just in case, or for general advice, and hopefully help someone else avoid a pitfall or two.

So I've got this beautiful little GirlFish, and my original black moor, who is now preeettty big. We call him Bear. He survived hurricane Sandy, what else can I say?

Does anyone else who has kept goldfish go through this? At first I was treating on illness after another mostly because I knew absolutely nothing. I had a good, two year run in a 20 gal long tank with 2 fish. Now I have a 46 gallon (still just 2 fish) and my new girl is bottom sitting & I'm worried constantly.

My parameters are good (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, @20 nitrate). Unless my nitrates are too high? They never go below 20 (approximately, it's so hard to tell, i have an api master kit).

So I'd like to know:
1) Is it me and I'm just terrible at this?
2) Why is my fish still bottom-sitting & what can I do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom