Hi everyone help ref neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lw2012

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, my name is Louise and I live in Worcestershire. I have a 68l fish pod tank which was an xmas present. It came with a PF2 interpet power filter and a delta therm heater. We have a large boat ornament and lots of plastic plants. Residents of the tank are a small plec (i have forgotten what variety), a Weather loach, 6 Zebra Danios and 1 Leopard danio. Two days ago I introduced 10 Neon Tetras. They school with the danios and are a joy to watch. I do a water change every weekend. I clean the gravel and just replace whatever i siphon out. I would say its approx 10%.

Unfortunatley 1 tetra died a couple of hours after introduction-Although its never happened to me before I assumed it was just new tank stress so have not contacted the store. I didnt think it was anything else as the fish at the store I purchased them from looked healthy.

I'm a bit of a worrier so I used one of the 6in1 test strips and pH, KH, GH, NO2, NO3 & Cl2 levels are all ok/safe. Today I noticed that one of the tetras arent schooling with the others. He is staying in an open area behind the boat ornament. If any of the other tetras come near him he gets agressive and sends them off. I'm looking for advice on what to do and look out for in the others! I really do not want to lose any fish!!

Back
Top Bottom