Hi everyone Im new!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Surfergurl92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well first off I'm Skylerr and my boyfriend and i are becoming addicted to salt water fish! I have had a 55gallon for about 5 years now freshwater.. but its still nice kinda dirty but thats because i work with fish all day long at petsmart. My 55gal has one big angel fish that got pawned off on me from a customer one night her name is flo.

My flo is special to me because this lady was just going to throw her away if the store wasn't going to take her, well of course me being the one taking in strays i took her well my mom told me no more fish before i brought her home and now its my moms favorite fish! In the 55gal I also have a rainbow shark bruce that picks on everyone and one eyed red-tailed shark whose name is capt. jack, two eclipse cat fish one only has one eye and his name is capt. barbosa and the other is jaba, a bala shark who is taking the place of bruce picking on everyone and his name is twitch, and two pangasius catfish named tweedle dee adn tweedle dumb. Their names are all fitting for each one trust me, ecspecially tweedle dumb because he is the smallest due to sucking in food then spitting it back out.

Then i have a new a little older then a month old 10gal saltwater tank which i have become obsessed with! Frist it started with live rock and on the piece i picked out there was so much life i had 6 baby star fish all together, a little tiny fan feather which i was so excited and a ton of parasites :( which i read somewhere that a fire shrimp(rupert) would eat, well he only stayed on the underside of the rock, then we got a goldbelly damsel which I read that they were hardy eaters well rio swims around in fear of the fire shrimp and she really does dance in the sand! when I got the damsel I also picked up two turbo snails that move every other day and get weirded out by the sand. Just recently my boyfriend and I went to the fish store and bought a cleaner shrimp, zoanthids, a bubbletip anemone, and a maroon clownfish. The nitrites are at extreme but tonight i am going to pet smart to get some biozyme or bacteria supplement cause i just did a water change 4 days ago. if any one has suggestions I'm all ears I do get most of my help from my pet care manager because she use to work at out door world in colorado that had i believe a 3000gal saltwater tank so she knows a lot and i believe she use to have or still has a saltwater tank at home.

I know I wrote alot but I hope you enjoyed learning about me:] I look forward to learning a lot about everyone else :]

Back
Top Bottom