Hi folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyLondon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the hobby and just starting with a 100l tropical tank. Any plant and fish advice much appreciated. Located London UK.

Anubias is a great starter plant. It grows slow and has nice broad leaves. It was the first plant I got when I started with bettas and is now 5+ years old and still alive and healthy.

Anacharis is a easy plant to have. It is very hardy and can even live in 65 degree water.

Heater and filter on order, heater is 200w and filter is a 1000l/h external with 4 filter trays.

Anubias is a great starter plant. It grows slow and has nice broad leaves. It was the first plant I got when I started with bettas and is now 5+ years old and still alive and healthy.

Thanks sara, that was on my list of possibles for the mid tank. From the brief research i've done was thinking hortwort & amazo n sword at rear, anuibias java fern & java moss centre on and by the driftwood and pygmy chain sword at front

You have many options. You could do a few dwarf gouramis or 2 angelgish as your centerpiece fish. You could also put a few eam cichlids.

You have many options. You could do a few dwarf gouramis or 2 angelgish as your centerpiece fish. You could also put a few eam cichlids.

I do like angelfish so thinking along those lines plus small grouping fish and a bottom feeder. Very tempted by a blue crayfish but mixed reports about their threat level to the fish

If you wanted a schooling fish I recommend harlequin rasboras ( or other rasbora species). They are small and peaceful. You could also do tetras but be careful about fin nipping with some of those species.

A schoool of 4 or more of corydoras was be a great clean up crew. You could also do some species of loaches such as, zig zag loaches, chinese loaches, skunk loaches. Neon tetras would be a good schooling fish. You could do harlequin rasboras or scissortail rasboras. You could have gold barbs, cherry barbs, rosy barbs. Another good schooling fish would be zebra danios but they get a bit nippy. Platies would be a beutiful addition to your aquarium.

Really appreciate the advice sara and austin. Month plus before fish so plenty of time to mull over options. Currently just soaking my mopani wood.

Attachments

• 20190224_213649.jpg
    20190224_213649.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 51
The ancient art of tropical gravel keeping!

Attachments

• 20190226_010423.jpg
    20190226_010423.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom