Hi from Adelaide, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burque

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to fish keeping and hoping to learn lots from this forum. Hopefully one day I'll be a more knowledgable member and give back what I have learned :)

I'm currently setting up my second tank to house my Tandanus catfish after the aquarium he is in died (it's old)

The new tank is nearly 4ft, freshwater, cold. I'm going to put in lots of drift wood and a few potted plants. I'm still not sure of substrate. I want some dark sand so tandan keeps his colour but haven't found the right one yet (advice gladly accepted!)

At the moment tank just has water and driftwood floating about so it's almost a blank slate.

Thanks for accepting me onto your forum :)

Ps. I'm aware of the size tandans grow to and have several option for his future

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome! So glad to have you!

Since you're open to ideas about substrate, I love my CaribSea Tahitian Sand. It is a gorgeous black sand that has a little shimmer to it.

Hope to see pictures of the progress! Good luck!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Thank you!

I saw Tahitian moon sand in LFS but was worried it was too shiny and had read it's a bit sharp. I'm worried about my tandan's barbels getting hurt. Have you found the product to be smooth enough for digging in safely?

(Maybe time to open a thread on this)

Thank you!

I saw Tahitian moon sand in LFS but was worried it was too shiny and had read it's a bit sharp. I'm worried about my tandan's barbels getting hurt. Have you found the product to be smooth enough for digging in safely?

(Maybe time to open a thread on this)

I have cory cats and their little feelers seem to do just fine. It does have a sheen, but isn't like "Oh my God, the reflections!!". I find it quite pleasant ☺️

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Haha, I like your explanation :) and good to hear it's cat proven. thanks for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom