Hi from Arizona!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manmythlegend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have four tanks going. Two 75 gallon, a 30 gallon and a 3 gallon for the Seymour, the Betta. All of them have sand substrate. Two of them are planted.

One 75 is a school of Melanotaenia boesemani and praecox (Dwarf Neon) as well as
Iriatherina werneri (Featherfin) Rainbows and Puntius titteya (Cherry Barb). Well planted with Vesicularia montagnei (Xmas moss), Microsorum pteropus (Java Fern) and multiple Anubias such as Nana, Coffeefolia and Barteri.

The other 75 is in the midst of cycling and has Mollie fry, Palaemonetes (Glass) shrimp and some Jordanella floridae (American-Flag fish) for algae control at the moment. Yay for algae blooms in cycling tanks!:banghead: I'm hoping when I get all of the plants into the cycling tank the algae will be out competed as it was in the previous 75 gallon set up.

The 30 has various Mollies and small schools of Paracheirodon innesi (Neon Tetra) and Corydoras agassizii (Spotted Cory) as well as a small group of Palaemonetes. The mollies have gone BALLISTIC with the babies and they are on the way out as soon as the cycling of the 75 is finished.

Of the 4 tanks only one is "mine" and that's the one with the Rainbow/Barb combo. Once the other 75 finishes cycling, I will be moving the remaining plants and the Rainbow/Barb combo to it and starting a cichlid tank in the old 75.

I've been keeping aquariums since I was 17 and have been through many different setups. At my "worst":blink: I had 8 different sized tanks up and running and every one of them was a different biotope. I personally love New World cichlids and have bred and raised several types in the past but I'm being pressured into Mbuna this time around, of which I know nothing, so expect questions from me there.
:thanks: for reading!

Back
Top Bottom