Hi from atl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmplatyowner24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I own two Mickey mouse platies. Any advice for care taking as I am new to aquariums. I am an aspiring marine biologist and have a big interest in fish and other sea creatures. Again any info on platy care taking would be awesome.

Welcome to AA !! Great place! What size tank do you have them in? They are are easy to breed though. what do you want to know because I know a ton about them! ( I got 3 right now had 5) i live in GA too!!!

I have two how do you know when they are breeding? Are there any noticeable signs. I have one boy and one girl. Will color stop them from breeding????? How much to feed them (tetra color tropical flakes)? Thanks for any information. Also any information that would help and info that you have learned from experience and not from petco or something. Thanks again mmplatyowner24!

Mmplatyowner24 said:
I have two how do you know when they are breeding? Are there any noticeable signs. I have one boy and one girl. Will color stop them from breeding????? How much to feed them (tetra color tropical flakes)? Thanks for any information. Also any information that would help and info that you have learned from experience and not from petco or something. Thanks again mmplatyowner24!

When they are "mating" the male turns to his side and put his anal fin in. ( sorry if you didnt mean mating) when she is pregnant she will have a gravid spot (black spot near anal fin) and she will be BIG. Color shouldn't stop them from breeding. There are ratios to breeding though most livebearer ratios is 2male:1female (correct me if I'm wrong I can sometimes get ratios mixed) I feed mine a pinch but the "proper feeding " is how much they will eat in 30 second or something like that. Right now I have platy fry too. They to tend to have fry easier and easy to breed. Platys are fun though. If you have prego platy get a breeders trap or something like it it helps!

Back
Top Bottom