Hi from Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trin20kau

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, new to the site but have lurked for a long time! I am a mum to seven, and work in health care in Australia.

I'm a semi newbie...I have kept fish before but not for a few years, and things have definitely progressed since then. I feel a bit like I'm starting out all over again so I am reading stacks of info every night. That's partly why I finally joined...I am going to need guidance I'm sure!!

Anyway, I haven't had time to put into fish until recently, so I've just dragged out my old tanks and am in the process of setting them up. I've also just bought a huge 1000 litre tank with a sump (bargain basement price...a couple with a new baby decided their monster built in tank was too much trouble, but couldn't get rid of it without a stand).

I also have an 80 litre fw guppy tank running, and a 150 litre tank that is currently holding the occupants of the monster tank while it is being set back up. And I'm planning on setting up a few more tanks once this beast is settled! So it's the feast after the famine in my house right now.

My favourite fish are clown loaches, I think they are just amazing. I'm also a big fan of corydoras (peppered are my favourite but I'm just starting to look at others that are awesome too), shrimp, kuhlii loaches, bristlenose and upside down cats, and the breeding machine that is the guppy.

I have missed fish so much...I'm really looking forward to getting back into the lifestyle and talking about it with people that won't roll their eyes at me (lol...people who don't keep fish just don't get it).

Welcome to AA! A 1000 litre tank!!! That's massive! Whats your stock ideas? Hope you like the site so far!

Back
Top Bottom