Hi from Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stacy9901

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off, thank you for the add! There looks to be a ton of great information available from the little browsing I have done so far!

I just recently moved back to the states and am ecstatic that I can have aquariums again. Here is what I currently have:

10 gallon with guppies
20 gallon, moved the fish to a bigger tank, still trying to decide on what's next
40 gallon with 2 angels (Oscar and Star), 1 redtail shark and an upside down catfish
55 gallon with 2 oscars (George and Boobs), 2 bala sharks (Nickel and Dime)

BTW, my daughter names all of my fish for me!

I just purchased the set up for a 90 gallon saltwater, planning to turn it into a reef tank. The water is settling down, purchasing a skimmer and live rock tomorrow. It'll be a bit until that one is complete, but I am so excited to have one again!

Anyway, I am sure I will have many questions along the way, so you will be hearing from me!

stacy9901

hello stacy im in colorado also i breed and sell angels and plecos. welcome pm any time i can assist.

First off, thank you for the add! There looks to be a ton of great information available from the little browsing I have done so far!

I just recently moved back to the states and am ecstatic that I can have aquariums again. Here is what I currently have:

10 gallon with guppies
20 gallon, moved the fish to a bigger tank, still trying to decide on what's next
40 gallon with 2 angels (Oscar and Star), 1 redtail shark and an upside down catfish
55 gallon with 2 oscars (George and Boobs), 2 bala sharks (Nickel and Dime)

BTW, my daughter names all of my fish for me!

I just purchased the set up for a 90 gallon saltwater, planning to turn it into a reef tank. The water is settling down, purchasing a skimmer and live rock tomorrow. It'll be a bit until that one is complete, but I am so excited to have one again!

Anyway, I am sure I will have many questions along the way, so you will be hearing from me!

stacy9901

Hello, welcome to AA!
Do you plan on planting your tanks, it is amazing!
I can see that MTS starting to kick in, lol
Sorry to break it to you, but for 2 oscars you need at least 100 gallons, and the balls need at least 180 gallons as they are super active and get to be a foot long, I would rehome the Halas and one Oscar
Everything sounds cool! Are you breeding the guppies?
Welcome to AA!

Bob, I will definetly keep that in mind!

As for the increase in the size of tank, I am already on the look out. I have some time to look around and get what I want, these guys currently are all under 5 inches. They are my excuse to get bigger tanks lol.

As for plants, my 40 gallon is all plants, no plastic. I'm looking for an awesome piece of driftwood to compliment, and will be expanding my selections of plants once the saltwater tank is somewhat set up.

As for the guppies, we just started so I am not sure if we will breed or not. I would like to, but we will have to what and see. My roommate jsut really likes the coloring on them lo.

Back
Top Bottom