Hi from RI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justjoe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi
I'm 32 and I've been an addict for my entire life.
From a 5 gal glass carbouy turned lamp with a single 10" goldfish in it as a nursury night-light. they start 'em young in my family.
I guess I'll start with current tanks, and issues.

The first 2 are my fathers, the others are my grandfathers, I'm......having enough trouble keeping they're tanks going for them. they combine for 130 years of outdated and stubborn experience. My father is an unabashed minimalist. my grandfather......uugg....still dumps the test solutions back in the tank.

tank #1 30gXL fw, housing only a pair of 5" mystery cichlids. there's a strong possibility they're blue acara/green terror mules. I'll post pics soon, as they go through the classic cichlid spawning ritual daily, for almost 2 YEARS!!! I think they were bought as elec. blue jack dempseys.

tank #2 30gXL fw, a pair of T. trico. blue and a clown loach, heavily planted and under-lit doing ok but no sign of even a small bubblenest.

tank #3 30gh fw, a similar pair of mystery cichlids(guess who got a deal on the first dozen) along with another half dozen from another brood(dealer, buddy????ug) and a pair of turquoise jewel ciclids, aside from the first pair the others are all about 2.5"

tank #4 10g fw way over-planted, 3 amazon swords, 4 Cryptocorine, a couple of random Vallisenaria, and a banana plant. with ANOTHER pair of mystery cichlids, closest I can get is Laetacara Theyeri (again pics forthcoming) along with a small pair of Keyhole cichlids and a couple of FAT Coryadoras leo.

Attachments

• HPIM0226.jpg
    HPIM0226.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom