hi from Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1873teddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, like so many in this section, I am new to Aquaria, have already received some excellent information.

Have my 28g tank up & running with 2 amano shrimp, 1 rusty plec & 6 threadfin rainbow fish which are stunning.

Can anyone advise what conditions would encourage the latter to breed? Have 6 plants & mopani wood in my tank.

Thanks & I look forward to any assistance offered.

ForumRunner_20120627_202109.jpg

Welcome to AA! :)

If you have both sexes, they are probably already spawning and you just don't know it. You can add a spawning mop and move it to attempt to save some eggs. They are most likely being eaten. Check the mop early in the morning. Their eggs are tiny.

Hi HN1 & thanks for your response, when you say they are probably being eaten, would that be the shrimps or the plec? As they are all I have in.the tank at present.

Do you have any idea what the hatching time is at all?

ForumRunner_20120628_220136.jpg

ForumRunner_20120628_220136.jpg

Absolutely love this species of fish, so lively & beautiful.

Hi HN1 & thanks for your response, when you say they are probably being eaten, would that be the shrimps or the plec? As they are all I have in.the tank at present.

Do you have any idea what the hatching time is at all?

Likely the shrimps, the plec, and the adult rainbows.

I don't, sorry.

Absolutely love this species of fish, so lively & beautiful.

They are very cool fish. Here's some more info on them- Iriatherina werneri (Threadfin Rainbowfish) — Seriously Fish

Back
Top Bottom