Hi from STL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nrapp33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I am new to the site. Im not sure how large the STL population is on this site. Any advice from STL is welcome!
Not new to SW fish keeping. I had a 125g FWLR tank with inverts, feather dusters and mushrooms that I successfully moved from Columbia, MO to Gainesville, FL.
I unfortunately had to get out of the hobby for the last 6 years but am back in with a 36g bowfront. I wanted to build in a large aquarium when I built my new house but due to the floorplan it was not possible.

I am building a sump and will have just shy of 300w of mixed lighting for the tank.
Looking to dabble with corals but that won't be till I feel it is well established.

Great site, love it for the iPad and iPhone.

Welcome! If you can, I'd love to see any pictures of the sump project you're building, or the current 36G.

There are a lot of people here that are waiting to help, though being a veteran as you are, you probably have your bases covered.

Cheers!

Will do later this week. Just did a leak test and I had 2 small but I'll take it for my first shot at acrylic.

Sorry to hear about the leaks... Good luck on getting it all together! I look forward to the pictures.

Hey welcome to AA, since it sounds like you know what your doing, Im sure a lot of people would love to hear advice about how to care for those kinds of tanks! Im still a bit too scared to try SW haha but theres plenty of people who Im sure could benefit from your wisdom :D

Okay, so I've changed a few things from up above...

Hello all. I was in the hobby for about 3 years until i had to get out about 6 years ago. I am back in and am starting fresh. Quite a bit has changed in the hobby (LEDs for example) and in my ability to be patient. A few weeks ago I was setting up a free 36g bowfront and stumbled upon a 55g with nothing especially no stand. Built a stand and canopy and it is now in my office sandwiched between two bookcases.

I have a eShops 75 sump which will eventually house a Skimmer with a 700 gph return pump. I have a 10g I will be plumbing in as a refugium this week. So far I have 40 lbs of good live rock and will be going for 40 more pounds very soon, also about 70 lbs of live sand. All being said I think the whole system is roughly 60-65g of water.

2 Hydor Koralia 1400 evolutions, a 250w metal halide (15,000k), two 24w Actinics, and 2 LED moon lights. From my understanding light and flow are the building stones of a healthy reef.

I am cycling my tank now and will not put any livestock in until I feel it as established and stable as it can be without livestock.

Okay all of that being said, now I need advice on stocking. I want to eventually have a mixed reef (fish, inverts, easy yet attractive corals).
Here is what I'm thinking:

FISH
-Gold-Striped Maroon Clown
-4 line Wrasse
-Midas Blenny (optional)
-3 Chromis (optional- feel they maybe would be too much)

INVERTS
-BTA for the Clown
-Snails (kinds up for discussion)
-Peppermint Shrimp
-Cleaner Shrimp
-Hermit Crabs (kinds up for discussion)

CORAL (once I have a better grasp of needs)
-Zoos (variety)
-Mushrooms (variety)
-Orange Montipora Capicornus

Okay, open up your opinions, tell your thoughts and through out any questions.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom