Hi guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WEmack01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm getting back into the hobby after 8 years. I'm into African Cichlids and getting ready to set up a 30gallon for shell dwellers. I'm starting with 6 Multies, what other Cichlid would be compatible?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

------------------

If the tank is big enough, you could possibly add a group of Cyprichromis or Paracyprichromis, but I'm not sure on the tank dimensions. These guys do best in groups of 10 or more and in tanks that are at least 4 foot long.

Due to most Rift Lake cichlids being bottom dwellers, it is not recommended to add other bottom dwellers to a shell dweller tank. The Cyprichromis and Paracyprichromis are open water fishes and peaceful so would be ok if there is space.

Back
Top Bottom