Hi. how are you? well here it goes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

things__n__stufff...

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am about to run this ad on craigslist... (how much do you think I should ask for? I was thinking $580. What do you think?...

An unforeseen chain of events has occurred in my life; which has altered my ability to sustain an entire ecosystem.

If you or anyone you know is interested (in a serious way), please let me know...

Mature 34 gallon reef tank complete setup with lots of live rock and live sand = Looking for love and happiness. Requires investment of time, a few power-heads, and effort. At leased $1350 has been invested into it (thus far).

Seeking someone who has the time, passion, ability to love and maintain a reef setup properly.

The story goes like this:
1. March 2007 puchased the tank, stand and lights directly from CADLIGHTS
2. April 2007 stocked with live rock, live sand, live rock crumbles (fully cured) from www.reefermadness.us warehouse store
3. Divorced. circa November 2008
4. Equipment failure (protein skimmer pump) February 2009
5. Neglect --> requires love and effort: Perhaps by you?

34 gallon Cadlights Aquarium
-glass
-curved edges
-built-in multi-stage filtration (currently live-rock ruble occupies this area.
-built-in refugium (currently full of Fiji Mudd)
-built-in overflow
-return pump
-plumbing included

Lighting
-functional 24" T5 strip for display tank
-24" 150w 14k HQI fixture with actinic T5s*
-2 ballasts (*not currently functioning).
-24" T5 strip for refugium

Stand
-Custom designed for tank
-Black
-Convenient storage w/ shelf
-functional / sharp design

Protein Skimmer
-Aqua C Remora Nano Back-pack**
**Requires a new pump

Live Rock / Sand
-35lb live rock "reef" - Fully Cured (coraline algae everywhere)
-2 inch thick Live Sand bed
-Crumbled live rock (replaced stock filter media).

Corals
-Large LPS - healthy frogspawn - color includes green
-Small LPS - same as above
-Pink Xenia - Originally a hitch-hiker with the live rock

Livestock
-Several Mature (Huge) Nassarius Snails
-Numerous Hermit Crabs
-1 large healthy cleaner shrimp with a calm temperament (name

Other equipment included:
-2 power strips
-1 heavy duty timer
-bottle of "purple-up"
-Iodine
-Kent Reef Carbon (practically full container)
-Mag-Float (glass cleaner)
-Salt Mix - Tropic Marine (most expensive LTS had to offer)

*fixture has only been used for less than 3 months

Please consider it. Let me know if you are serious.
If you have the ability / money for something like this.
Hit me up. You need to see it in person.:confused:

I wish it didn't have to be like this...

hmmm, its tough to call, I dont know your markwt but Id average it out, it cost 1350, id start at 900-1000, one thing i noticed on craigslist where Iam, alot of people try to sell the whole deal but the majority of people shopping arent looking for the whole thing most, like myself, are looking for pieces or rock or lights specifically so you might want to price it in pieces, that will get you your money then offer the total package for a "steal" price like 700. your more likely to sell the lights of the skimmer before you sell the entire set up and take off the part where you say "if you can afford it" that automatically tell the buyer, it is going to cost and people are looking for deals on c.l. plus you ahve to incorporate your water and time in the pricing, time IS money (im in marketing sorry lol) include anything special like moving it or stuff like that and have a ballpark price if someone calls and is like hey i just want the 2 frogspawns.. or hey i just need your LR only..sell them the rock for 80, it makes the buyer want more for the whole price, would you pay 80 for 35lbs or cured good LR? of course now if it came with 20+lbs of sand and Lrg frags of rock for 100..you'd throw in thw extra 20 because its a deal. so this is how id run it basically:

34 gallon mature reef needs new home!

34 gallon glass Cadlights Aquarium:700.00
built-in multi-stage filtration-built-in fully functioning refugium- built-in overflow-return pump-plumbing included-2 power strips-1 heavy duty timer- black Custom designed functional stand -Aqua C Remora Nano Back-pack Protein Skimmer
needs a new pump

lighting- 200.00(obo)
fixture has been used for less than 3 months
-fully functional 24" T5 strip for display tank-24" 150w 14k HQI fixture with actinic T5s*-24" T5 strip for refugium - 2 ballasts (needs work).

-35lb live rock "reef"-roughly 40lbs live sand - 100.00
- Fully Cured (coraline algae everywhere!)
-sand makes a 2 inches thick sand bed
-Crumbled live rock chunks/frags included

livestock"- 80.00
-super healthy Pink Xenia, large green frogspawn, smaller frogspawn
Several Mature Nassarius Snails(Huge) -Numerous Hermit Crabs
-1 large healthy cleaner shrimp excellent temperment, he's more like a pet than a cleaner

extras"30.00
-bottle of "purple-up"-Iodine -Kent Reef Carbon (practically full container)
-Mag-Float (glass cleaner) -Salt Mix - Tropic Marine (most expensive LTS had to offer!)

I really do not want to get rid of this set up but I have no choice(ecomonice hardships, what can I say) I have invested 1500.00 in this system! I am willing to let it all go for roughly 800.00 if you get everything together. I will break it up in pieces but prefer not to. Serious inquiries only

Back
Top Bottom