Hi i am new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koeppen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just got a 56 gallon tank. I am hoping to have it heavily planted. I really appriciate any advice people have to offer. I have just added plants and have eco-complete as my substrate with a flora-sun bulb. I have added root tabs and the tank is 1/3 of the way full of water and has no heater or filter but i will be getting them is 2 weeks. One question i have is which filter to go with... i know i want a canister filter but i dont know what brand to choose and i also want to spend no more than $220 on it, any advice on this topic would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

Warm welcome! Head over to the fresh water planted section and ask some questions im sure you find the info youre looking for.

Hi and welcome to AA:)
As for external filters - Eheims are very highly recommended,with Fluval being a very good filter as well. I personally prefer Fluvals(y)

Ive just bought an eheim 2217 and i must say the quality of the materials is great. I havent run it yet as im still setting up my 65 juwel rio. But will probably buy another in a month or 2. These filters are known to be bullet proof and long lived. Eheim classics havent changed in years and theres a good reason for that, theyre are tried and tested.

Eheim, Fluval and Rena are afew to consider.

Back
Top Bottom