Hi I am new here..my platy is giving birth as we speak and need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanookbear1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok first of all i should introduce myself. My name is Lisa. I have a 50 gallon octagon fish tank with a variety of fish in it. 3 guppies, 4 platies, 4 phantoms, 1 clown loach, 1 red eye tetra, 2 red tail sharks, 1 gold gourami, 1 silver gouramis and an algae eater. i have had them all since last christmas except 1 a female platy i bought about a month ago. Needless to say she got pregnant right away now we are 31 days later. :)

also i purchased a 5 gallon tank last week for the fry to be in till they grow up.

My platy is having fry as we speak - can anyone help please?

i put my platy in breeder tank last night and when i woke up i seen a few fry. I immediately removed them so they wouldn't get eaten, to my surprise there were 9. I put mom in the breeding tank again so she could recuperate and she dropped 2 more within 5 minutes!!!

this is my first time having babies i am really excited but i am scared that i did something wrong by moving her since she had her 2 other babies she has been swiming iratically?

1. how do i know when she is all done (how long does it take for them to finish the delivery process)?

2. how many fry can i expect?

p.s she does not seem interested in eating her fish so far the 2 are still in there and i am not sure when i can take them out because i don't know if she is done? her belly is smaller than before and gravid spot smaller but its still there

welcome my bad i see you've already inter duced your self (told you to come and interduce your self here in your other thread) sorry. oh and you only need to post a thread once. welcome to the sight :) bye

Back
Top Bottom