hi im cathreen and new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathreen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ive never joined this sort of thing before so not sure what to do.
i started off with a round green 2 gallon bowl with some guppies, 2 zebra fish and i dont know what the other 2 are (pale brown with orange stripe)
got overcrowded when guppies had babies so moved to 10 gallon tank.i now got some neon tetra and trying to breed them.anybody know what i can feed babies on apart from live brine shrimp as i cant get any in my area.thanx.:)

Welcome to AA
30098-albums1142-picture7907.gif

This is the member introductions section. Mostly just a place to say "Hi".

If you go to the main forum page, and scroll down to the freshwater section you'll find the forums for asking questions specific to what you need, I also added the links to this post for the getting started and breeding forums.
Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Not a lot of people read the member intro forum, so you'll be more likely to get help if you post in those sections :)

Edit: Brine shrimp have a cyst stage where they are almost invincible. It is fairly easy to buy them in dry form and "hatch" them yourself as you need them.

i dont know what the other 2 are (pale brown with orange stripe)
got overcrowded when guppies had babies so moved to 10 gallon tank.i now got some neon tetra and trying to breed them.anybody know what i can feed babies on apart from live brine shrimp as i cant get any in my area.thanx.:)

I'm going to guess your unknowns are glolite tetras from your description. Something like this?

As far as feeding guppy fry, there are several livebearer dry foods on the market, or you can just crush up some flake food very fine, and that has worked well for me, although I confess I'm not really trying to raise mine. (They are in a 20H with a lot of java fern, so a few always survive their tankmates.)

Back
Top Bottom